News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bren

Rich Yankowski

Flip side.And for those of you who know Brens,you might notice the handle for the part that locks in the barrel is on the wrong side.When I received it in the mail it was all in pieces,so I put them together the best I could.Only later did I notice my error,which has since been corrected!

Edited by Rich Yankowski

• 10 months later...

Nice unit. They were very good guns. They even used them in the Falklands war.

byf

Yes, but depending on which unit you were in....we had a LMG (as we were an artic unit...mags being better than belts due to freezing) and a GPMG in each section.

Chris

Yes, but depending on which unit you were in....we had a LMG (as we were an artic unit...mags being better than belts due to freezing) and a GPMG in each section.

Chris

Hallo Chris, :beer: were the Brens used in the Falklands war not converted to 7.62?? with straight 30 round mags that fit the old SLR??

It (the Bren) was in use in .303 caliber up to about 1998+ in the Reserve Defence Forces of Ireland (F.C.A.)

And a nice piece of kit the "Reserve's" said it was a bit akward to lug around. but since it was taken out of service they get to swear about humping the GPMG abd the .5 Browning :P

As coincidence would have it I have a spare wooden Bren Gun Box (empty) stashed away in Ireland.

Probably will never get to fill it now :unsure:

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Hi Kev

yes, the LMG was converted to 7.62 and the flash hider was different, the mag did fit on the SLR, I carried 11 mags ( and bandoleers) and most of these were LMG...not issued but proffed over the years.

Happiness in a contact is mucho ammo.

I would never want to hump a .5

Chris

Edited by Chris S

It's absolutely horrible to See a nice gun treated like this!!! Can't find words...and I was sorry because mine are converted to semi-automatic.

The Mk II was bought as full-automatic, so I was lucky to have some fun with it before it was converted. Absolutely one of the nicest Mg's I have fired !

Here is a few snapshot of mine, the Mk.I is from -42 and the Mk.II from -43.

Kjell

[attachmentid=47101]