News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My new medal bar

Thanks! Is there is problem with the order of the medals? To me (not very well educated in such Soivet things) the bar looks to be one that was done by the veteran in the 1980's for parade - perhaps after the old one fell appart? But it looks like he used his original medals?

There is no way to know if this was made up, but the order is good. I've got a documented group that is mounted like this. Who know's if it's the dealer of the vet that mounted it on a multiple aluminium suspension?

Guest Rick Research

Yup, early 1944 for the MMM.

The 1948 Jubilee would follow after the WW2 jubilees, and in that case would represent the top row of at least two rows of medals.

Assuming the hypothetical veteran was not active duty beyond 1948 (no second MMM for 10 years service), there'd be 1968, and 1978 jubilees (WW2 commemoratives go up to 1985) and a 1988 eventually too.

But we often see screwy bars completely out of order, so unless and until you get research done on that MMM, I would not presume that it IS just parts-- I'd wait for confirmation.

Even Major Generals didn't seem to have a clue about precedence regulations :speechless1::catjava::rolleyes: --