News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Pre-Third Reich, two blue Prussian long services could be 1920 double awards to a career military Beamter who was also a Reserve/Landwehr officer and thus got both an LD2 or LD1 and the "1914" XXV.

But from Heiko's description and the lapel bow, it's a Crown Order 4, which in this combination suggests a technical officer like a naval Engineer or a Feuerwerks officer or a Paymaster. Because such officers were only NCOs at the time of the Boxer Rebellion, and the wretched Prussians and Imperial navy did not LIST colonial campaign awards, this may be tough. If it was a medal bar and so we knew which CLASS of the Saxon Albert that was, it would be easier to know where to look. The traditional red backing here may not necessarily exclude this being naval.

But do not abandon all hope yet. :Cat-Scratch:

The recent Berlin conclave of the Arcane Society of Research Gnomes? has turned up lists of the colonial medals recipients. :rolleyes: Some day.... some day....

we shall CORRECT the non-Bavarian lack of ? China Medal symbols in Rank Lists. :catjava:

It WILL get done.

Guest Rick Research

The mini ribbons have the Albert (much faded) in 2nd place and the 1897 last peeking out behind the China, so it matches up with the insertion of the Hindenburg between the peacetime blue Crown and the long service. By Third Reich precedence rules that Crown Order should be after the two campaign medals, but wearers did what they pleased more often than not.

I can't guess army or navy. The Albert is a stray in an otherwise Pure Prussian career group.

Guest Rick Research

Well, the work will be copying them, and then transcribing them. THAT is always fun! (Alphabetical lists are so nice AFTERWARDS!)

But there seem to be rolls for the China, Southwest Africa, AND Colonial-- though merely recording the medals and NOT the bars.

I have this eerie suspicion that I will be finding out much more about these since there is a What Will Ricky DO All Winter "campaign" going on. :unsure::speechless1: