News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbonbars with Hohenzollern on ...

After some talks to the research hero i will post that a ribbonbar, i'm not sure about if it is traceable or not. At least i liked the ribbon to the hohenzollern decorations. On the longer one, the ek like ribbon has also silver wire instead of fabric used for the lines (as the 3rd ribbon of the big ones has).

Hope you like it anyway.

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch:

1) Prussian Crown Order 4th Class

2) 1897 Centenary Medal

3) 1911 Principality of Hohenzollern Carl Anton Medal (300 silver, 610 bronze. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :jumping: )

4) 1902 Baden Jubilee Medal

Ribbon bar M1915 adds

Prussian War Effort Cross, a Prussian Long Service award, and the Baden War Effort Cross.

Hmm hmm hmm.

Guest Rick Research

Budaboom buddabing.

Oberzahlmeister Klebbe, II. Bataillon/F?silier Regiment 40:

Old style ribbon bar circa 1912/13--

He had the Baden Long Service pinback brooch for 15 years then, Crown Order 4 between 1912/13. Perhaps because the old long service brooches were not technically medal bar awards, he chose not to mount it on a ribbon bar.

In 1902 he was Zahlmeister of III./Infanterie Regiment 111, with the Baden XV then.

Still had the "BD2" in 1914.

I find no award of the Hohenzollern Honor Cross for him during the war, which also suggests him as a likely candidate for these, in some sort of stay at home position.

M1915 ribbon bar from 1920, when he'd have replaced the Baden enlisted ranks long service with a Prussiaan XXV Years Service Cross.

very nice. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

I've done the Hohenzollern WW1 awards down to the Gold Medals, which should be published any day now.

I imagine from what I got from the Seymour Circle, that rolls exist for everything. What I have goes beyond the end of the war in 1945!

But the Seymour Circle didn't, so I don't, have the Silver Medals for WW1 or things like the jubilee medal, though oddly enough Hohenzollern sent along the roll for the Silver Merit Crosses WITHOUT swords showing all awards from 1910 to 1945.

A roll for the 1911 medals would be very very nice indeed, and since the Hohenzollern archives folk were so incredibly nice, I would hope somebody can get that done in future.

Rick, Christian

Oberzahlmeister Hermann Ludwig Klebbe, born 26 November 1858 at Elbing in West Prussia.

Volunteered for the NCO School at Wei?enfels on 9 October 1877. Entered Fu?-Artillerie-Bataillon Nr. 14 on 1 October 1880 as an Unteroffizier.

21.10.83: Sergeant

05.04.89: Transfered to Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 114

08.04.89: Feldwebel

09.12.89: Wachtmeister u. Zahlmeisteraspirant in Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 30

11..09.1895: Zahlmeister of III./Infanterie-Regiment Markgraf Ludwig Wilhelm (3. Bad.) Nr. 111

05.10.04: Attached to Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 172

05.01.05: Transfered to Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 172

12.12.06: Oberzahlmeister

01.04.11: Transfered to F?silier-Regiment Nr. 40.

Regards

Glenn

oh my good!!!!!

this wasn't only fast - it was also more than just a plain name ... and i thought it will most probably not id able and there is no need to post it, as most are not that interested in just seeing the nicly woven hohenzollern ribbon ...

i'll have to learn a lot more!

THANKS A LOT Rick and Glenn for the work you did!

as one of the only bringbacks of the last show (beside books i was somehow to shy to post it as others had such nice ones, that i really needed a push to do so from the "BRAIN" that i went on posting it and causing work for him).

Thanks a lot again and hope you can enjoy it as much as i can do Christian