News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Piped 13. IR Tunic of Oberst Julius B?chert

Hi All -

Just wanted to post the total tunic from Oberst B?chert - the full story of his career is in the Heer History and General Militaria Forum. Once again, a big thank you to Rick L?ndstrom and Simon Orchard for helping me with a positive ID. The tunic is a little salty, but has tons of character. Enjoy!

A jacket is just a jacket, but put a name to it and it comes alive, suddenly it has a face, a life, a past, a history, a soul. All of the stuff we collect have stories to tell but without a name, unit or other means of identification it's all just so much metal and cloth. Had there not been a name to go with this jacket it would still be a nice jacket but it would be an empty uniform if you know what i mean. Now that uniform has been filled.

beer.gif

• 9 months later...