News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is a nice little bar I picked up over 20 years ago at a show. It didn't have the two saxon orders on it but the EK2 was clinging to the end of it. So, just like Charlie Brown's Christmas, I felt sorry for the bar and bought it to deck it out properly. Fortunatly it has clips underneath the ribbons so adding (and presumably removing) medal loops is rather easy. Just thought you would like to see it...

Front

very nice. And in the same order?! I like that the rules dictate the order the medals should be worn (if your a full blood prussian), but how some of the other states bend in favor of their home regions.

At least with your guy you can assume he survived the war. I can't be so sure with mine.

Guest Rick Research

Yup. Two options:

1) Orders returned to the Chancery post mortem

or

2) remounted in a new group with HIS Hindenburg Cross etc.

If only these things could speak....

I guess my guy was more Prussian than Saxon, he's put the EK first. Which reminds me of a funny story. My dad's best friend was a Kompanie-Chef in a Sturmgeschuetzabteilung, and was from Saxony. I suggested that he wasn't a real Prussian, which he took as a real insult, especially since his father had been a Hauptmann in 1. Garde-Rgt.-zu-Fuss and personal adjutant of Prinz Eitel-Friedrich von Preussen. After that I knew never to question his "Prussianness"!

I guess my guy was more Prussian than Saxon, he's put the EK first. Which reminds me of a funny story. My dad's best friend was a Kompanie-Chef in a Sturmgeschuetzabteilung, and was from Saxony. I suggested that he wasn't a real Prussian, which he took as a real insult, especially since his father had been a Hauptmann in 1. Garde-Rgt.-zu-Fuss and personal adjutant of Prinz Eitel-Friedrich von Preussen. After that I knew never to question his "Prussianness"!

If your bar has the Honor Cross (then it is after 1934), it would generally be expected that he would wear his EK2 first.