News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all,

Just a quick general question......

In regards to the RAO, when being awarded to foreign officer's (specifically non German).... Which ranks (generally) received the 3rd vs the 4th class of the order?

Cheers

Mark

Edited by mravery

Hi Mark,

generally, other Germans got exactly the same classes than the Prussian Officers.

Non-Germans got it in same rank or one Rank lower than the Prussians.

4th class the Captains - same as the Prussians

3rd Class the Majors - in Prussia a colonels award

2nd class went to foreign Colonels - in Prussia a Major-Generals award.

Best regards

Daniel

Hey Daniel,

Long time no talk!!

I hope all is well.....

The reason for this thread is based upon an old one that I posted a while ago about a Danish General

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17652

His records show that in Jan 1908 he was awarded the Anhalt, Albrecht der B?r (Knight 1. class) and his rank would have been either a Captain or a Major. His records show that he was Captain in January 1897 and then Lt. Colonel in November 1909 (no mention of major).

In the pictures that are in the thread there is a medal bar with 5 orders shown and all of them can be ID'd and are listed in his records except for the Anhalt. The very last one appears to be a RAO 4th class and I am under the thought that his records are acctually incorrect and that he did not get the Anhalt in 1908 but rather the RAO.

And in 1908 he was either a Captain or Major :speechless:

Sooooooooo?????

Cheers

Mark