News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French medal 1916-1918

Roeland

I bought this french medal.

This might sound stupid:

I did recognise it, have seen it a lot actually, however I forgot what it exactly is for, still bought it because my memory recognised it and told me(I'm not schizofranic :cheers: ) I should buy it.

could someone ID the medal for me please? thank you!

the back says 1916-1918

medal19161918ez9.jpgmedal191619182ji2.jpg

thank you.

kind regards,

Roeland

Not French- the Rumanian war cross, given to Rumanian troops for being savagely thrashed by the Kaisers' troops in a rather speedy campaign(s). The resulting cornucopia of captured raw materials allowed the Central Powers to keep going for at least one more year of warfare.

Not French- the Rumanian war cross, given to Rumanian troops for being savagely thrashed by the Kaisers' troops in a rather speedy campaign(s). The resulting cornucopia of captured raw materials allowed the Central Powers to keep going for at least one more year of warfare.

Hallo Ulsterman, :cheers:

that would be savagely thrashed by the Kaiser' troops, Franz-Josephs' troops & Bulgarian troops. :P

Much of the equipment captured was of a very low quality, with the exception of Artillery pieces, the Romanian Air-Force was

of poor quality, and Infantry equipment very dated.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Now you mention it I remember where I've seen it, however never know why I have mistaken it for a French one.

I still like the medal a lot for my collection, didn't just bought it because I remembered, I knew it was a good ww1 medal to add to my collection just forgot what it was for.

thanks for all the information about it and the link to the topic on this medal.

You guys are always a good help, I appreciate it. :cheers:

kind regards,

Roeland

Edited by Roeland