News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Red Banner, 2nd Award

Dear Paul,

I had to pay about USD 300,- for my ORB 3rd award, type 4, s/n. 8426, in january 1994 in Vienna - a lot of money at that time, but a bargain compared to the present situation ;) .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Thanks Christian!! I agree completely. :love: I bought the order back in 92, when things were still affordable!! I remember scoffing a "3" because it was close to 250 dollars!

What would they go for now?

Dear Paul,

taking the weak Dollar into consideration, I guess, that a dealer might ask for an ORB #2 about USD 2000,- and for an ORB #3 more than USD 3000,- (for items in really excellent condition).

For "numbered" ORBs, which are already researched and the result shows, that they are no long-service awards, the asked price might be much higher, I assume.

"Numbered" ORBs in rather "normal" documented & complete groups might push the asked price for such a collection into "stratospheric" heights :rolleyes: - imagine: A "normal" officers-group, but with ORB, ORB #2, ORB#3 & ORB #4 inside (and the ORB #4 is the only long-service ORB) ... :cheeky:

So, your purchase of an ORB #3 for USD 250,- in 1992 would have been a rather good investment ;) .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: I already posted my mentioned RB#2 & RB#3 here at GMIC:

RB#2: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24254

RB#3: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24256

Edited by Christian Zulus