News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself. I came across this forum by chance, saw a name that recognised and thought I would join. My name is Ben and I live in the UK. I used to collect all buckles from the Third Reich era but decided to concentrate on just one so I picked the Heer. My main aim is to collect, learn and share information about all buckles from the Third reich era, especially the German Army. I have been reading through some of the posts, very interesting. I am looking forward to contributing what I can towards the forum.

Many thanks

Ben

PS hello Rob :D

YIPEE! Another buckle man! Ben buddy....How are you doing!? Nice to have you on board! Looking forward to seeing some of the buckles you've acquired from all around "heer and there"....sorry man - couldn't help myself!

Welcome my friend!

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob, how are things mate? I see you are building up a nice selection of SA buckles! I have some new buckles en route so I will post some when they arrive :D I have posted one just to see how to post pics, the buckle is a very nice Alu Gebruder Gloerfeld, quite a rare maker

Ben

Edited by Ben

Very Nice Ben! 58 all from different makers is one hell of an accomplishement! It would be boring if it was too busy to get one of each...I think half the fun is the hunt to track down the buckles you need!

Keep it up buddy - great display case you've got there! Me likey!

Cheers!

Rob

• 3 months later...

Ben, do you have any of the late bluish/black painted steel buckles? And what do you think of them? I had an example but could not grow to like it so it wandered off to a new home.

--dj--Joe

Do you mean these ones Joe? I like all Heer buckles,they all have a interest to me, they are all part of their development and eventual ruin :D

Yep, thats it. My example was not marked and was unissued in the tissue wrap. I try to refrain from unworn pieces in my collection (my way of controling my collecting urges), :) that and the lack of any mark sent it on it's way.

I still find them of interest. Any one found a worn example from a Vet source? Thoughts as to the late Heer or coastal artillery use?

--dj--Joe

Joe, I have a couple of Aurich ones, I will post them along with a normal green one for comparison, I think these buckles were just late war and not Coastal Arty personally, there are too many around that are 1943 onwards all be Coastal buckles, I think they ran out of paint. saying that Overhoff painted their late war buckles silver!