News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Today I got one small ribbon bar.

Please take a look and any info would be great! :jumping:

Is it Lippe-Detmold NCO who got it? As I understand the second ribbon is War Merit Cross but what is the third one? Honor Cross or Military Merit Medal? Also the last one I think is Hamburg Cross, please confirm my thoughts.

031672116a4d10_l.jpg

Today I got one small ribbon bar.

Please take a look and any info would be great! :jumping:

Is it Lipper-Detailed NCO who got it? As I understand the second ribbon is War Merit Cross but what is the third one? Honor Cross or Military Merit Medal? Also the last one I think is Hamburg Cross, please confirm my thoughts.

031672116a4d10_l.jpg

As the illustrious Rick would say "show us the back" :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

It's a tabby. I'd say the Hamburg on the end has been swapped out of place (Satan is forking Brainless Monkey Paws of the past and is preparing for those still above ground, so All Be Warned not to screw around with things!!!) for that third ribbon,

which is apparently MEANT as

something

"close enough for gubamint work" since nothing German with those colors and swords existed.

? "close enough no one will notice" for a Detmold Military Merit Medal for WW1 wounded who hadn't been decorated by their home state yet? (Supposed to have been returned when they were, but even then People Were Naughty.)

? A Finnish 1918 Bronze Medal of Liberty with incorrect swords?

? A 1919 White Russian Baltic Freikorps St. Anna 3rd with Swords?

Or ... ???

The third ribbon is actually a Baden enlisted ranks long service award ribbon, being used for ... something else.

Thanks Rick! I must say, I am a little bit disappointed now regarding this ribbon bar. I just hope all those changes are period made. Do I leave it as it is or should I move the Hamburg cross to the right place? I think I leave it, as it is.

Here is the back:

031789734fdf06_l.jpg

Guest Rick Research

No messy little tabbies breaky offy snappy crunchy!!!! :shame::speechless1:

I know, I know. I can't STAND regulation mistakes, but there is always the chance that the original wearer was a dummy and wore them that way.

NOTHING wrong with the bar immediaately above unless you've flashed it with a blacklight and any of the white bits goes bright electric blue.

in my eyes ribbon bar N?2 is not real................... too many mysterious things here....

first NO long service medal, not from ww1 or before and not from the thirties.... and this with active service in two of the flower wars AND service in the RAD (???)

Then the combination of ww1 awards..... saxon war aid, Bremen and Lippe ???

I don`t like this bar.....

Thanks Heiko!

I dont like bar nr. 2 as well and I got as repro (but wish to get something similar there is no doubts). Same time the ribbons themself look good.

Ribbon bar nr. 1..... actually I am 75% sure that its fine... just not in proper order.

Guest Rick Research

Heiko-- I agree completely about the strangeness of the WW1 combination (there is no stranger award than the Saxon War Effort Cross, anyway) but there is nothing wrong with the construction or mounting precedence.

As for lack of long service awards--

millions and millions all dressed up in very newly acquired short brown shirts. :rolleyes:

I've seen the Saxon War Effort Cross on many order bars and a few ribbon bars. What's odd is that several I've seen are apparently groups that were for a man who served at the front or at least received awards with swords. What was the criteria for this award?

Heiko-- I agree completely about the strangeness of the WW1 combination (there is no stranger award than the Saxon War Effort Cross, anyway) but there is nothing wrong with the construction or mounting precedence.

As for lack of long service awards--

millions and millions all dressed up in very newly acquired short brown shirts. :roll eyes:

[/quote

Guest Rick Research

None.

The entire statutes for the Saxon War Effort Cross state that it could not be awarded to anyone already decorated by Saxony for the war, and was to be returned if any other Saxon award was later given. Period.

That's IT. :speechless:

I've seen it to General Staff officers (apparently the sack of appropriate Albert Orders happened to be empty at that precise place and time for such unlucky recipients), to civilians, to combat officers, to rear area types. As an award, it is so

completely vague

that its presence in any group literally tells us NOTHING. :speechless1: