News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

i would like to ask for some help. I ve this group in my collection which were splitted up in single pieces on an auction. I bought all items which came together with the document. But i missed the below 4 piece bar which i now zhink belongs to the same person. Is there a chance to find out if this bar belongs to him, is there a roll for the W?rtemberg knightcross 2. with swords?

His name is Eugen Fouss, born 23rd jan 1894. All his document from ww1 are from Fliegerabteilung A281.

thx

Guest Rick Research

Yes. Thanks to the work on W?rttemberg awards Daniel Krause is doing-- and the VERY odd name of your man--

Eugen FUOSS received the "WF3bX" gazetted in the W?rttemberg Personal-Nachrichten on 22.8.16 as Lt dR in KW Landwehr Inf Rgt 120. His actual award date would have been earlier than that since there was normally a delay of several weeks in publishing.

But a pre-war career NCO's W?rttemberg IX Years Service medal to a 1918 Lt dR seems very odd indeed. You should be able to get his Auszug aus der Kriegsrangliste from the Wtbg military archives which would confirm all his awards and provide actual bestowal dates.

Yes. Thanks to the work on W?rttemberg awards Daniel Krause is doing-- and the VERY odd name of your man--

Eugen FUOSS received the "WF3bX" gazetted in the W?rttemberg Personal-Nachrichten on 22.8.16 as Lt dR in KW Landwehr Inf Rgt 120. His actual award date would have been earlier than that since there was normally a delay of several weeks in publishing.

But a pre-war career NCO's W?rttemberg IX Years Service medal to a 1918 Lt dR seems very odd indeed. You should be able to get his Auszug aus der Kriegsrangliste from the Wtbg military archives which would confirm all his awards and provide actual bestowal dates.

Rick, is there a chance he was a carrer NCO and then commisioned a LT dR in the Landwehr during WW1? I'm often amazed by the way promotions were distributed. Offizierstellvertreter, Feldwebel-Lt, Lt dR...

Dete, does everything on the shelf belong to Lt Fuoss?

Hi Rick,

thx a lot, i ll try with the Kriegsrangliste.

@ ccj, yes all the awards belong to him and they are all with the documents.

regards

Detlev

PS: if the person who bought this bar is reading here in the forum, i would be very interested in buying it, thx

Edited by Dete