News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gordon:

Well, to place a "value" on such a piece is rather difficult without seeing it. Wear, enamel chips, etc. can diminish the value considerably. A genuine piece in perfect condition would command a price of US$750-US$1,000 (or perhaps even more). These are beautiful pieces that don't come onto the market often anymore.

I hope that this helps.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Many thanks for the info. Condition is pretty good with no enamel chips.

Came as part of a "group" - not mounted but just individual pieces- which I am now convinced was simply put together. So, I have been considering selling these and keeping the one piece I was really interested in. Had no idea of the value and needed to know how much I'd have tied up in the remaining piece if I sold the "surplus". There is a Hossauer marked 25 yr LS Cross with it too, also the early "smooth" armed type.

Hello again Gordon:

Thank you for sharing images of these very nice and scarce pieces. An original Prussian Officer's 25 Year Service cross from this period is also rather difficult to find! I'm just the slightest bit curious now what the "keeper" is, if these are the pieces that you are discarding!

Congratulations on owning these. You will have no trouble selling the RAO IV.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hello again Gordon:

A merry Christmas to you!

I remember seeing your early stepped-core 1813 EKII when you posted it awhile back. As I recall, it was a very nice piece indeed!

I see no reason why these don't possibly belong together. It is entirely possible that a recipient could be awarded these three (3) awards during his career. He could have been an officer and gotten the EKII in 1815, then later retired as an officer with twently-five (25) years of service. Then, at some point as a civil servant of some sort, he would have received the RAO IV. All of these awards were possible during a normal lifetime. All of them are rather uncommon, and one would have to go to a bit of trouble to find them to "create" a group.

Best regards,

"SPM"

gordon-

any chance we might see pictures of all the pieces (ESP

the 1813 EK II!!!!), or perhaps link to the pictures?

thanks!

joe

I'm interested also. What is the time period for the RAO and LS?