News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ulanen-uniform, but from which regiment?

An officer, but from which regiment? The unusual thing seems to be the button on the Krage, could it mean they are from a Sachsen regiment? Also the uniform combination is unusual, a white Waffenrock and black trousers? They are horseriding trousers clearly, but part of the uniform or just for training?

An officer, but from which regiment? The unusual thing seems to be the button on the Krage, could it mean they are from a Sachsen regiment? Also the uniform combination is unusual, a white Waffenrock and black trousers? They are horse riding trousers clearly, but part of the uniform or just for training?

Maybe its a prewar Litewka with the black/blue trousers. Maybe those who are far better with photo analysis can help you but I can't determine they are cavalry myself. Infantry and artillery officers also rode horses.

Edited by ccj

From the small portion of the photo that you have shown, one can only determine that it is indeed an officer wearing a Litewka, but that is about it. The collar button was standard on all Litewka of this patten.

Chip

Rittmeister,

All officer's were entitled to wear the Litewka. It was a form of semi-dress wear that had many applications. The deep cuffs were often used to carry papers, which I think is what you are seeing in this photo. The point is that it is impossible to tell what branch your officer was from using this picture. He could be an infantry, artillery, cavalry, technical, or any other kind of officer.

Chip