News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello arrestanddevelopment,

What you have there is a W?rttemberg war medal for the 1793-1815 campaigns, in this case for one campaign. These medals were awarded to surviving veterans in 1840-1841; and they were awarded for as many as eleven campaigns. 10,905 medals were awarded for one campaign.

I think that I should point out that, as far as I know, since these medals were awarded for participation in specific campaigns over a twenty-five year period, none of them have any direct connection to Waterloo like the Waterloo medals of Brunswick, Hannover and Nassau. As an aside, I have noticed that in recent years, people have taken to incorrectly implying a Waterloo connection to the 1814-1815 war medals of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg, no doubt others will follow. Keep in mind that W?rttemberg did not have any units present at Waterloo.

As to value, these medals are still selling for under $100; I think in the $60-75 range. I hope that this information is helpful.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

• saschaw changed the title to Napoleonic Württemberg medal 1793/1815