News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all and a Happy New Year!! :jumping:

I acquired this chain yesterday. I like very much and have been looking for a mini BMVO4x for a while.

I believe all the parts are good but was a bit puzzled by the combo: EK/BMVO4x/HonorC/BLD2. The BLD2 bit puzzles me????

Have been told it would of been for a junior officer but this would usually have BLD1 as these were given to officers and the BLD2 to enlisted men?

When I inspect the BLD, inparticular the jump ring, there is no sign whatsover of it been tampered with.

Whilst inspecting the piece I noticed that there is what seems to be a vacant jump ring attached to the chain which would suggest that there should be another mini on there. Any help on a possible ID of the missing mini (if thats possible????) would be appreciated.

As I said earlier I really do like this chain and in a way its made it even more interesting that there is a bit of a puzzle that came with it.

As always your comments and views are totally appreciated.

Hope 2008 brings you nicer items to your collections

Rob

Guest Rick Research

2 possibilities:

1) The BLD2 was moved to the end-- where there should be a long straight pin to fasten that end and apparently isn't one there now?

2) in that position what would normally be there on a Bavarian bar is a 1905 or 1911 Luitpold Jubilee medal.

Landwehr Decoration 2s were given to all ranks. It is Landwehr Decoration 1st that were only given to officers.