News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rick recently posted a ribbon bar including the Japanese Order of the Sacred Treasure here http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtop...st&p=230638

It helped me with this, which I've had for a while but wasn't sure of the final ribbon - looks to me to be the same: is there anything else it might be?

I've often wondered whethere this particular bar might be the second row of a double row set.

Guest Rick Research

You really have to poke around on the reverse.

The Sacred Treasure ribbons were-- when new-- the palest of pale PALE blue and yellow. Usually there is nothing left of that blue except what is covered under the back.

If it is as completely white as the front, that's be the Spanish Order of Isabella the Catholic.

Is that Feldgrau or Polizeigr?n backing?

Chances are this is a "normal" row, and whoever had it wore his KVK or EK ribbon from a front buttonhole. Three is kind of short for a second row.

Very nice bar-- and makes you wonder what sort of person was wearing it. If--as it looks--it is the style that is half normal height and 25mm wide, from what I've seen, that was more "in fashion" with the Waffen SS and Police than in the army.

I've had another look and I can only see the last ribbon as being white. However, I can't see anything of the reverse of the ribbon and because of the way it is mounted any fading would be uniform. This is because there isn't a "back" as such: the ribbons are wrapped round a cylindrical piece of padding - there is no flat front or back and the ends are round. The backing material is sewn over the ends and gives no access to any part of the ribbon that is sewn under it.

I've made a slightly larger scan to show the detail of the set up. The label is not unusual but this is the only example I've come across with this type of needle pins. These are bent round from the ends with the points pointing towards the middle. The ribbons are 25mm wide and the height is 10mm.

Edited by James Clark

Guest Rick Research

Aha-- LUFTWAFFE ABZEICHENTUCH backing. :beer:

Some time back we had a "sew on" ribbbon bar posted whose wearer had devised a shoelace on-and-off system for himself. Looks like this guy was similarly creative. I never could understand why anybody would want to have to sew ribbons on and off-- messy AND destructive.

This looks like a good compromise--though you'd still have to wonder why he didn't just have a NORMAL ribbon bar.

That is a great bar!! I like the fact that it is easily removable. I have not seen this style of bar before, despite it being professionaly made! I really like that bar. If you ever get tired of it... :rolleyes: