News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Opinions from the membership

The tinnie database has grown to 70 pages which can take some time to read through. Would you like me to tease out some of the posts featuring badges from the larger organisations into their own threads as I have done with the SA tinnies?

In effect we now have an SA tinnie database, as well as a WHW & Leipzig Fair databases. Shall I expand this? I could take out say HJ, DAF & KdF to make their own databases..... I could also pin these to the top with the original tinnie database & rename that to the "General tinnie database" etc

It's your forum guys, I'm happy to do the work if you want it streamlined a little or are you happy to wade through 70+ pages?

Cheers

Don

Great idea Don, i for one would like to see a hj tinnie data base, as it is now

you have to wade through a lot of stuff to find your interest. The sa database

is very good i am sure others would appreciate your effort.

Regards

Mametz

...personaly speaking....I can't understand why anyone would want to look at anything else other than SA tinnies.... :wacky: ..they are simply the best thing available.... :rolleyes:

...but seriously...

...splitting the various tinnies into their respective organisations would be a great idea...making it a whole lot easier to jump to each of 'our' favourites...

...a big pat on the back for the one who has to do it though! (Don)

OK then.

I've set up an index & pinned that to the top so that it can provide a quick link to your required tinnie database. So if the thread you are looking for slips down the pages to lack of posting for a while you can find it quickly.....

I've moved out all the KdF tinnies. I'll start the next batch when I have time.

If you have any suggestions as to what categories you want, let me know.

Cheers

Don

...BDM....

...NS-Frauenschaft...

...RAD....

...NSBO (or would this be in with DAF ?)

...NSKK & NSFK...

...Stahlhelmbund...

...Turnerbund...

...SS...

....Don, you've opened up the proverbial can of worms!

Edited by Claymore

Flugtags are on the list, as are Reichparteitags. I'll also move the standards tinnies into the other thread we have on them.......

The problem with some of those you mention Claymore is that there are only one or two of a specific group in the old database. For instance I think that there are only two BDM tinnies on it so is it worth staring a new thread & moving them? Perhaps it is, I'm not a tinnie collector so am not sure.

Another question, do we have NSBO together with DAF? I was going to have them seperate but........

Also where do the tinnies like the one below belong, are they WHW or are they VDA? Does anyone know?

Hello,

Question. I am running into a problem. Duplication of posts. The SA base for example now has 13 pages of tinnies. Even when I review the entire 13 pages, it is very difficult for me to remember all those which have been posted. I'm old ! ;-) I don't know if it would be possible / to time consuming / or even feasable, but could an index or list of the tinnies that have been posted be created? That way a person could check easily to make sure that a new tinnie would be posted rather than have an unintended double post occur I believe that Teiste's numbering system is universaly accepted by all tinnie collecters. I also realise that all of us are not fortunate enough to have his reference books. The only thing that i can think of is to possibly use Testie's numbering system along with a brief description of the tinnie. Possibly it could be set up so that when a person posts a new tinnie to the database an additional entry could be made by the poster to contents section of the the database index with Testie's number and a brief description. Anyway, just a suggestion from the new guy. Reguards, Brooks

I've been thinking of this & I don't honestly think that it is feasible. There are about 1000 images in the general database alone at the moment, the time it would take to go through them & list them would be huge. Just moving the images takes ages, as an example, to move out just the KdF images took me a whole day.

I can't see that duplication of badges is a proplem myself. One reason that we have a database is so that collectors can compare images of badges from other collections with their own, in the hope that they can confirm whether perhaps a new purchase is genuine. Multiple images of a particular badge can help show if characteristics appear on several badges. I know as a collector of enamel badges that sometimes you have to see several identical design badges by the same maker before you can make a valid judgement as to whether a badge is good or not.

Cheers

Don

...my two penny opinon...

...what I've done in the past was to post a group shot of the tinnies that I knew to already exist within the database (or thread)....thereby avoiding numerous repeats...but that's not to say that everyone else should do the same...

...I just felt it avoided seeing the same thing over and over again....

...but if your particular tinnie is in better condition than an earlier posting, then why not brag a bit !

...there's no point in collecting if you can't show off now and again ;)

Although it would be a good idea to list them as in Tieste's books, remember that his listing is not complete, so in any futher updated volumes by him, his cataloging numbers will be different. Plus of course some poor prune would have to sort them in the thread.

BDM should go into the HJ Thread. Ie youth organisations.

Regards,

Pete

I agree with Claymores point " if you can,t show it off " because ultimately the thread will die. Most of the tinnies

will have been posted and we will have nothing to say, but it,s a difficult one as you don,t want to be going over

the same ground.

Regards

Mametz