News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Schaumburg-Lippe Kreuz fur Treue Dienste Rolls Anyone?

Mike,

Thanks for showing the close-up of the "armpits". The finish does indeed look a lot better than some of less elegantly "cut-and-drilled" corners of the obvious reproductions.

How does the size, quality of raised portions and general finish compare with a suspended cross?

Are there any signs of a ribbon loop having been removed?

Intriguing!

David

The top arm has some light filing but it is fire-gilded like the remainder of the cross. I can see no indications of removal of a suspension loop. Also, the cross is vaulted, and I can see no indications of hand vaulting.

I currently only have one second class for comparison - the 2nd class is slightly smaller (even with the vaulting of the one in question) and thinner, but it's of a different design so a different manufacturer was likely involved therefore I'm only relaly comparing apples and oranges.

As stated before, the obverse detail of this pinback is very good and the high points show imo genuine wear. My very first impression that the cross is period (at least pre-45, more like early 20s) in construction has not changed.

Regards

Mike

Edited by Mike K