News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bahrain order set

ilja559

It is probably the Order of the Khalifa, but it is hard to tell from the photo. Owain?

Sash, sash badge.

Collar, collar badge.

Breast star.

Miniature.

Lapel doo-dad.

Large pretentious box.

No comments on the individuals shown. Nice otherwise!

It sounds like Bush may also have gotten the collar of the Saudi Order of Abdul Aziz, but all the idiot media can do is describe it as a"piece of bling". Gag.

Ed & Co.

GWB appears to have been awarded three awards during his recent jaunt to the Gulf:

Palestine/Israel - Nil.

Kuwait - nil, although his father was awared the Collar of Mubarak the Great.

Bahrain - Collar, etc., of the Order of Shaikh Issa named after the late ruler of Bahrain.

Qatar - nil.

UAE - Collar, etc., of Order of Shaikh Zayed named after the later ruler of the UAE.

KSA - Collar of the Order of Abdulaaziz - his father was also a recipient of this award.

Egypt - nil.

Perhaps he has already been awarded Kuwait & Qatar awards during visits by their Heads of State to DC in earlier years of his office??

Owain.

Ed & Co.

GWB appears to have been awarded three awards during his recent jaunt to the Gulf:

Palestine/Israel - Nil.

Kuwait - nil, although his father was awared the Collar of Mubarak the Great.

Bahrain - Collar, etc., of the Order of Shaikh Issa named after the late ruler of Bahrain.

Qatar - nil.

UAE - Collar, etc., of Order of Shaikh Zayed named after the later ruler of the UAE.

KSA - Collar of the Order of Abdulaaziz - his father was also a recipient of this award.

Egypt - nil.

Perhaps he has already been awarded Kuwait & Qatar awards during visits by their Heads of State to DC in earlier years of his office??

Owain.

Thanks, Owain. Even as I said "Order of the Khalifa" I suspected this was wrong. Had seen some reference to the Order of Shaikh Issa but never real information. Single-class?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Anyone have a good photo off this award? I have heard of it when I was in Saudi, but never seen a closeup photo of it.

Some classes of the Order of Abdul Aziz are shown at the OMSA site

http://www.omsa.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=539

and on Megan's site

http://www.medals.org.uk/saudi-arabia/saudi-arabia003.htm

but neither is very complete.

I think Yuri's site had some too, but his site now seems to have died. A pity.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Megan, Ed, et al,

Off the top of my head:

O.of Shaikh Issa - 5 classes plus collar and replaces the O.of Khalifa as Bahrain's premier award - maufactured by Spink

O.of Abdulaziz, manufactured by Bertrand - since my JOMSA article I have "discovered" at some stage the grades of order were re-instituted as as follows:

Badr Collar - muslim heads of state

Abdulaziz collar - other heads of state

Sash of the 1st rank - green with yellow edge stripes

Sash of the 2nd rank - yellow with green edge stripes

Excellent grade - green with yellow edge stripes

1st to 4th class - green with yellow edge stripes

Regards,

Owain

Hello!

Here is some images of Order of Shaikh Issa (Bahrain):

Man that is a very beautiful Arabic Order: :love:

Thank you for sharing the Picture.......

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Brunei awards ID

1.Darjah Kerabat Mahkota Brunei (the Royal Family Order of the Crown of Brunei)

2.?

3.Darjah Sri Paduka Mahkota Brunei Yang Amat Mulia (the Most Honourable Order of the Crown of Brunei)

4.General Service medal

5.Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah Independence medal