News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question about signature Ruoff - later General Richard Ruoff ?

Got a couple of documents of a soldier of the Reichswehr up to the 1950ties when he joined the Police.

In the group are three documents, that are all signed by a Oberstleutnant Ruoff, Batallion Commander of the III. J?ger-Bataillon, 13. W?rtt. Inf. Rgt. in 1932:

ruoff1.jpg

Close-up of the signature:

ruoff1a.jpg

There is a KC-winner and General der Infanterie Richard Ruoff, who won the KC in 1941. He also is listed as commander of the Armeegruppe Ruoff ( AOK 17 ) in 1942.

Now my question:

Could that be the same person ?

A regular army career could have brought him from Oberstleutnant in 1932 to a General in 1941, but Ruoff is not a rare name.

Can anybody verify that the General Richard Ruoff was the same Ruoff as on my documents ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Robert

Edited by Robert Noss

Many thanks Glen, also for Your reply in the other thread with the picture of King Friedrich.

It seems that I am quite lucky with signatures of people at the beginning of their career. I have an early von Brauchitsch signature, a Keitl signature from the mid-twenties and a Paulus signature of the early 30ties.

It is worth to check older "worthless" documents.

Thanks

Robert

Edited by Robert Noss