News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Marine Artillery Badge - C.E Juncker

Very nice John. :love: It's true that the later Zinc versions of this badge where the hook is first mounted on a small disc before soldering to the reverse face tend to have flat wire hooks. However, as far as the early tombak pieces like yours are concerned, they could have either round or flat wire hooks. Not convinced its related to period of manufacture of the early ones.

John,

very nice looking Juncker.I have also seen the tombak badges with both flat and round wire hooks and as Gordon mentioned i do not think it is related to the date of manufacture.I've noticed a variation on the finishing of the tombak badges also.Some have "blued" reverses and some are guilded.Some have no finish at all on the reverse and reveal the base metal only.

This example i have is very heavily plated and the finish is similar to that found on Juncker Auxiliary Cruiser badges.The reverse appears to have no finish at all and shows just the base metal.

Regards,Martin.