News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Research for the Reds Star.LieutenantColonelYasnov.

Guest Rick Research

I would expect a Red Star in that serial number range to be a "real" award from the end of the war in 1945... ?

Guest Rick Research

YIKES!!!! That is uniformly horrible writing!!! Absolutely dreadful.

Yasnov, Vasily Aleksandrovich

Lieutenant Colonel

Born 1910, city of Voronets

Member of the CPSU since 1930 (!!!)

higher education, Russian

Red Army since 1931

decorated as Commander of automobile units of 48th army (he'd been in TANKS earlier)

now: commander of 2nd Department, Automobile Administyration, Leningrad Military District when ARC filled out (7.12.45)

awards shown are, from top to bottom

Red Banner 374,627 for long service, per Ukaz 13.11.51

Red Star 229,153 per 48th Army 5.8.43

Patriotic War 2nd 116,299 per 1st White Russian Front 25.8.44

Military Merit Medal 1,546,581 for long service 3.11.44

Patriotic War 1st 177,605 per 3rd White Russian Front 20.4.45

Medals fro Defense of Moscow and Victory Over Germany

Red Star 2,639,934 indeed for long service :beer: 5.11.46

Kristof/Jim: again and again and again and again the pages are chopped off on the right side leaving that entire side incomplete. The service record long form (with his photo) is chopped off above the bottom where his retirement date would be found.

There is an answer, Kristof:

GET AN EPSON SCANNER.

With images as bad as these, with areas chopped off, it's like looking at blurry ripped pages .

Kristof/Jim: again and again and again and again the pages are chopped off on the right side leaving that entire side incomplete. The service record long form (with his photo) is chopped off above the bottom where his retirement date would be found.

There is an answer, Kristof:

GET AN EPSON SCANNER.

With images as bad as these, with areas chopped off, it's like looking at blurry ripped pages .

Rick,

There is no cropping on my end. I know better than that. Its the original scans that need to be done properly. I also have research that came with some orders that has some info cropped out. I think that when a researcher (if it is his fault) provides cropped data a complaint may be in order. If it is however cropped by whoever scans, then this person needs to be more careful.

Simple!

As for the size, they were a touch larger but I scaled them down to fit within upload limitations.

Jim :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

Yeah, I figured it wasn't you. :cheers: We have all faced :banger:darkly illegible BINDING SIDE parts off-scan, but there is a consistency to all these always being off the flat, open RIGHT side that is very frustrating.

Instead of complicated global sizing and resizing and compressing and uncompressing and re-de-compressing

it is MUCH easier to simply have an EPSON scanner and make a correct sized scan the first time.

It seems like Kristof has a lot of research, and it is ALL scanned badly. Epson will fix that issue.

This last one has truly awful handwriting-- on everything but the ARC.

I'm giving up on this one-- the blurriness of the scans is THAT bad, with the terrible handwriting.

Full birth date 5 April 1910

Retired 19.1.56

Lieutenant ???

Senior Lieutenant (27.1.?)38

Captain (9.12.?) 40

Major 20.2.42

Lieutenant Colonel 24.2.45

Yeah, I figured it wasn't you. :cheers: We have all faced :banger:darkly illegible BINDING SIDE parts off-scan, but there is a consistency to all these always being off the flat, open RIGHT side that is very frustrating.

Instead of complicated global sizing and resizing and compressing and uncompressing and re-de-compressing

it is MUCH easier to simply have an EPSON scanner and make a correct sized scan the first time.

It seems like Kristof has a lot of research, and it is ALL scanned badly. Epson will fix that issue.

This last one has truly awful handwriting-- on everything but the ARC.

I'm giving up on this one-- the blurriness of the scans is THAT bad, with the terrible handwriting.

Full birth date 5 April 1910

Hi Rick.

I received like this from Podolsk Russia.

Only sometimes I have better photocopies.

I will send soon better scans of this blurriest pages.

Sorry !!!! :unsure:

Retired 19.1.56

Lieutenant ???

Senior Lieutenant (27.1.?)38

Captain (9.12.?) 40

Major 20.2.42

Lieutenant Colonel 24.2.45

Not sure if it makes sense but I would sacrifice some of the resolution of the scan for size in cases like this. No neet to pick up molecules on the surface of the paper - larger text at the expense of such molecules will be invariably appreciated. Of course this is due to the file upload constraint in GMIC which we all have to work around!

Regards!

Jim :cheers: