News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Red Banner, "Mirror Type"

very nice , i love low s/n and condition of enamel, let me know if you decide to sell it

thank you

alex

Hi all,

this is my Order of the Red Banner, screwback "Mirror Type", corresponding to Durov's Type 1, Variation 2; award number 1213:

Guest Rick Research

That's from 1937/38, but I have no documented dates between number 944 (to a future-DDR politician) and this one, which is in the Documented Groups section under Grebennik:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4458&hl=Grebennik

Sorry the proportions don't match here-- these are old scans I just put together for a side by side so they can be compared with yours. KGB officer Grebennik WORE his for at least 53 years-- hence the wear and tear. The reverse is not a precise match to anything illustrated in Durov's & Stepanov's "Orden Krasnogo Znameni," so it's a Type 1.2.?.

I wonder if yours is also from the Khasan "mass" awards range? Normally pre-Great Patriotic War ones are "not available" but in happier research days, and by some sort of unexplained fluke :ninja::rolleyes: I actually got what passed as the "Awards Record Card" back on this, since he was a Red Army private at that time.

Hi Rick,

your piece is a fascinating one: wear, enamel loss and "updating" to suspension (plus being a documented piece), show all the "story" and "life" of that Red Banner.

Yes, it seems that your order could be a further "variation" to Durov's series.

After Kutsenko, my piece should have been awarded in the period June-October 1937.

To Alex: I don't think I'll be going to sell my Soviet pieces. Thank you for your kind post, anyways.

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang