News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Bar with Greek Officers award

This interesting bar arrived at it's new home yesterday.

EK2

RKM3

Baden Kreuz f?r freiwillige Kriegshilfe, mit Eichenkranz

Hamburg HK

HK for non com

Greek Order of the Redeemer 1st class

I'm wondering if a name could be put to this bar, as it's unusual to see a Greek officers award on a German bar?

Front pic

Guest Rick Research

Not at this point. Everything BUT the Redeemer is wartime, invisible as far as award rolls go, and there is no long service award at all. I am not sure if the Redeemer is pre-WW1 or could be--possibly more likely is, from the 1930s, since this grade was for people with status equivalent of a Captain.

Sometimes you just have to settle for :love:

An absolutely :love: bar. I knew this one before, as it came up some years ago at a German sellers homepage - and I always regreted I didn't buy - congratulations. :speechless:

How many were awarded?

I have no numbers but it seems to be much harder to find than the one without. The version with Kranz was given for merit "im Feindesland".

I am not sure if the Redeemer is pre-WW1 or could be--possibly more likely is, from the 1930s, since this grade was for people with status equivalent of a Captain.

Sometimes you just have to settle for :love:

Rick, yet again your right. Like you, I'm also not sure if the Redeemer is pre or post war, hard to tell without any backup documents. However, it's nice to have this one as there can surely be very few of these mounted on Imperial Bars :jumping:

sachaw, I think this bar was on Phillipp's site a few years ago.

Paul, as you said, I've not seen that many of this Baden Kreuz mounted before, so again a reason for me to snag this one.

Mike