News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

$Soviet tunic - Identification

What is this for a Soviet tunic? From which years? Is it good or bad? What should I ask for close-up pictures except the collar and the buttons? Thanks for your help, I really know nothing in that area. :speechless:

Guest Rick Research

It looks like this M1943 Kitel is indeed piped pale blue for airforce. They went to an open lapels, huge padded shoulders "zoot suit" in 1949, so it would date from before that. Buttons from that period bear no dates, so combined with the 6 sided Technical Engineer Lt Col boards, I would say circa 1947-49, but the tunic itself could date 1943-49.

What is this for a Soviet tunic? From which years? Is it good or bad? What should I ask for close-up pictures except the collar and the buttons? Thanks for your help, I really know nothing in that area. :speechless:

Bryan,

It is a nice M43 service jacket. As Rick indicated, no dates on buttons. I would nevertheless expand the range for using of 6-sided boards to 1945 to 1949.

There is little risk with these jackets as you can't "upgrade" them much more than by changing boards to a higher rank.

Marc

Thank you for your help gentlemen! What would be the going price for a Kitel like this? Thanks in advance!

Bryan,

By itself without pants or cap, somewhere around 100 euro. It is a service jacket, not a parade one...

Marc

Edited by Lapa

Thanks Marc! So it doesn't seem a very good deal. He sells it for $275 including the medals.

Bryan,

It is up to you to decide... The medals, of course, add a bit of value, but all in all, this will not be the deal of the century IMHO.

Marc

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, so I got it cheaper than what the guy was asking for. I only took the Red Star with the tunic, because this was a "put together" group. Do you guys have a picture of a cap that would go with this tunic?

tunic01dq7.jpg

tunic02ys1.jpg

Edited by Bryan

This color blue piping may make it an engineering branch of the NKVD (the "engineer" device for Air Force is a propeller/piston combo) in which case you would want a blue topped NKVD cap to go with it. I have this tunic's twin, here compared with a standard army engineer tunic.

This color blue piping may make it an engineering branch of the NKVD (the "engineer" device for Air Force is a propeller/piston combo) in which case you would want a blue topped NKVD cap to go with it. I have this tunic's twin, here compared with a standard army engineer tunic.

Jeff,

That is, provided the piping on the jacket is royal blue, not light blue.

Marc

to Bryan,Cat%20Scratch.gif

An emblem on the shoulder-straps of lieutenant colonel consisting of the french key and hammer the is an emblem?military-technical composition of all births of troops and services. Order of NKO of the USSR №33 on March, 10, 1936. :rolleyes:

Edited by SKY MARSHAL

Well I'm not sure if that is royal blue. I'm not very good with color names. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's an NKVD tunic, but if it is let say that is a plus. :)

I'll try to make other pictures from the colar and the shoulder boards.