News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WWI Pilot Badge Opinions?

Scott

I did a forum search for "pilot" and found a detailed thread, but most of the photos have been removed :( . So, would anyone knowledgeable on such things care to give an opinion on this one? Period made? Turkish or German made? To me, the pin looks like those used on repro German badges (?) (the badge is not mine).

Thanks!

Scott

Edited by Scott

Guest Rick Research

Haven't a CLUE, me. I do not believe that I have ever seen two that matched each other in 40 years-- not that having two match would prove anything.

Perhaps one of our Turkish members can offer some assistance?

The one you have shown is far nicer and better made/finished than most I have seen.

Thanks Rick. Definitely not my specialty, but I've always liked the look of the early Turkish pilot badge. However, I'm sure there are repros out there. Perhaps others have opinions on this one?

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Sirs,

The above Turkish Ottoman Pilot badge was made during the years 1914 and 1915 . They made in Germany and in Turkey.

The ones which made in Turkey do not have any marks on the back , the ones which made in Germany has the hallmark

on the pin or under the pin. On the front uper side , you can see the Tughra Mark of Sultan Resad 5. And also the year

699 is written in Ottoman Language on the down side. (The faundation of The Ottoman Empire)

The one which I can see the pictures above , looks like %96 original , I wrote %96 because as you will consider to say

I have to take it to my hands. Many of them I sold till today.

Also many of the fake ones made in Germany and Polland.

Sincere Regards

Avsar Ibar

Ibar Jewellery Orders and Medals

info@avsaribar.com

Edited by avsaribar