News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The ? pops up by pushing the alt cap in combination with 148 on the numeric key path.

Maybe a German member can do a better translation than me, I have a severe wodka problem right now and Babelfish seems off the hook.

I don't know a better translation for 'v?lkische' than 'from the people'.

Meaning this in a blood, honour and race type of view.

Catch me?

A highly antisemitic German people organisation prohibited around 1922.

Most members ending up in the NSDAP later on.

I get a bit of a Th?le feeling.

So rare and old, that one!

Regards,

Martin

Der Deutsch-V?lkische Schutz- und Trutzbund war eine antisemitische und v?lkische Organisation in der Weimarer Republik.

1919 wurde der Deutsch-V?lkische Schutz- und Trutzbund gegr?ndet. Der Bund stellte in der fr?hen Weimarer Republik die gr??te v?lkische und antisemitische Organisation dar. 1922 hatte er 200.000 Mitglieder in ?ber 600 Ortsgruppen. Die Mitglieder mussten ihre "arische" Abstammung nachweisen, als Vereinssymbol diente das Hakenkreuz.

Die Hauptt?tigkeit des Schutz- und Trutzbundes bestand in rassistischer und revisionistischer Propaganda. Er verbreitete antisemitische Hetzschriften wie etwa die gef?lschten "Protokolle der Weisen von Zion". Auch b?rgerliche und sozialdemokratische Politiker waren Angriffsziele der Agitation. Die Attent?ter der Politiker Erzberger, Scheidemann und Rathenau unterhielten enge Kontakte zu dem Bund.

1922 wurde der Bund in den meisten L?ndern Deutschlands verboten. Viele Mitglieder wechselten daraufhin in die NSDAP.

Good question Pete!

I have one as well as a "thank you card". On some sites it's often linked to help for the East. I do know that the blue cornflower was worn as a covert symbol of support in Austria for the NS when the Swastika was banned. Whether it's to do with that I do not know....

Cheers

Don

Thanks for the info, a quick search on the internet seems to throw this up as a Baverian organisation.

However I'm still no nearer getting a translation of the actual title.

Thanks for the info, a quick search on the internet seems to throw this up as a Baverian organisation.

However I'm still no nearer getting a translation of the actual title.

Der Deutsch-V?lkische Schutz- und Trutzbund = something like the German 'People' Protection- and Pride League or Bund.

Sorry I wasn't more clear yesterday...

Babelfish is up again, so here's a vague translation (partly Babelfish, partly me) of the German part:

The German Deutsch-People Protection and Pride Bund was an anti-Semitic 'people' organization in the Weimar Republic.

Founded in 1919.

The federation represented the largest 'v?lkische' and anti-Semitic organization in the early Weimar Republic.

By 1922 it had 200,000 members over 600 local groups. The members had to prove their arian descent, as association symbol served the swastika.

The principal activity of the Protection and Pride Bund existed in racistic and revisionistic propaganda.

It spread anti-Semitic rushing writings as for instance falsified 'The protocols of the Elders of Zion'.

Also civil and social-democratic politicians were attack targets of the agitation.

The assassins of the politicians Erzberger, Scheidemann und Rathenau maintained close contacts to the federation.

By 1922 the federation was forbidden in most countries of Germany.

Many members changed thereupon into the NSDAP.

Good question Pete!

I have one as well as a "thank you card". On some sites it's often linked to help for the East. I do know that the blue cornflower was worn as a covert symbol of support in Austria for the NS when the Swastika was banned. Whether it's to do with that I do not know....

Cheers

Don

Don, your card is signed by Alfred Roth, I' thought I heard of that name before and indeed he was the antisemitic mud thrower I thought he was.

He made this Deutsch-V?lkische Schutz- und Trutzbund big.

This was the filthy corner where Gottfried Feder, Dietrich Eckart, Julius Streicher, Werner Best, Kurt Daluege and Fritz Sauckel came from.

I think this stuff is very, very interesting.

I learned a lot from this simple corn flower, thanks for posting!

Regards,

Martin

Hello all,

Never heard of this badge before. The amount of knowledgable persons on these forums is just incredible and I never fail to learn something new. Don you never fail to amaze me with your knowledge of these items.

Duzig(Bill)