News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Are they actually bullion? Most of the ones I've ever seen have been celleon. Maybe something extraneous and icky glooped onto them... in which case you'll have to be REALLY careful not to fray the cords off trying toremove it.

Hi Rick

Are they actually bullion? Most of the ones I've ever seen have been celleon.

I am not really sure, I fiqured bullion due to the darkness of the thread. Just how do you tell the difference?

Maybe something extraneous and icky glooped onto them... in which case you'll have to be REALLY careful not to fray the cords off trying toremove it.

Yeah I will have to look at it after work today

Many thanks for your help :cheers:

Edited by Laurence Strong

Guest Rick Research

Wax isn't too bad. You might be able to pick it off.

A suggestion-- but I've never had to TRY this, so don't assume it works :speechless1: might be--

get a very nice well wrung out hot water'd face cloth and try wiping it off, softened from the gentle heat? You don't want it to melt IN, but to loosen OFF. I wouldn't try a hair dryer or something like that.

Wax isn't too bad. You might be able to pick it off.

A suggestion-- but I've never had to TRY this, so don't assume it works :speechless1: might be--

get a very nice well wrung out hot water'd face cloth and try wiping it off, softened from the gentle heat? You don't want it to melt IN, but to loosen OFF. I wouldn't try a hair dryer or something like that.

Just to add to what Rick said, go slow and don't put a lot of pressure on the bullion wire. I've done this with a set of Heer regular officer tabs that had melted wax on them and they turned out ok. Have patience though while doing it.