News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yep here I am again......

I think damascus steel is made up of thin layers of steel forged back into a solid piece. Sounds sort of mysterious and oriental in a way.

I note the price of damascus swords is significantly more than the poor old plain steel ones.

Is this a lost art? and worthy of the premium????

(this is my last general question on swords)....... I hope!!!!

Rod

Guest Rick Research

Decades of experience and weeks of work to produce... the art, if any glimmer yet remains in an odd corner here or there, is all but gone.

I believe somebody was making Damascus letter openers a few years back...

not much call for sabers any more--let alone ones that cost several months' pay.

Decades of experience and weeks of work to produce... the art, if any glimmer yet remains in an odd corner here or there, is all but gone.

I believe somebody was making Damascus letter openers a few years back...

not much call for sabers any more--let alone ones that cost several months' pay.

A couple of the small, family owned sword factories in Toledo, Spain, still make damascus blades. Casa Bermejo, for example, still makes the officer swords for most branches of the US military as well as for a number of other countries (these are not Damascus blades)

2e3u69v.jpg

Guess I am stating the obvious ( I am always running to catch up with you guys) that every true damascus blade is unique and that is it's intrinsic value...

Certainly not a production line item!!! I get the strong impression I am stepping into a rarified area!!!!

Rod

Edited by Rod