News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DMZ - North Korea / South Korea

To Moderators : I posted this thread in the wrong section. Please, delete it. Many thanks, and sorry.

On the occasion of a trip to South Korea this month, I plan to pay a visit to the DMZ.

Have some of you already been there ?

What did you visit ? : Panmunjeom villages, tunnels, etc...

What Tour Operators do you recommand ? There are some mentioned in the Lonely Planet guide... Any suggestions ?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ch.

Edited by Christophe

I wish I was able to take you myself! I have been there several times. Korea is the best kept secret in the Army!

I would ask the concierge at the hotel where you will be staying to put you in touch with a guide/tour service.

It will be a interesting visit for you but be sure to tour Seoul and the great south gate of the city. Ride the Blue Train to Pusan and look at the battle scars on the railway tunnels coming and going. Take a bus out to Inchon and maybe you can catch the extremes of the high and low tide. (That was a significant invasion obsticle that had to be well timed)

Learn some simple Korean phrases before you go and they will love you for your effort!

I wish I was able to take you myself! I have been there several times. Korea is the best kept secret in the Army!

I would ask the concierge at the hotel where you will be staying to put you in touch with a guide/tour service.

It will be a interesting visit for you but be sure to tour Seoul and the great south gate of the city. Ride the Blue Train to Pusan and look at the battle scars on the railway tunnels coming and going. Take a bus out to Inchon and maybe you can catch the extremes of the high and low tide. (That was a significant invasion obsticle that had to be well timed)

Learn some simple Korean phrases before you go and they will love you for your effort!

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for the tips.

I have already been in Korea, and had time to visit Seoul and some other place in the countryside, but did not have the opportunity to go to the DMZ. I hope I will do it this time.

Learn Korean ? Why not ? But, for a future trip... I'll leave for Seoul in 2 weeks time!!

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Ch.

PS : To Others,

Ideas, suggestions ? Many thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...