News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unusually named Sudan medal

I purchased this group of medals from an antique dealer in Omdurman after weeks of haggling.The group consists of the Khedive's Sudan Medal 1910 - 2nd type;Sudan Defence Force General Service Medal;1939-1945 Star,Africa Star;Defence Medal,1939-45 War Medal.What is very interesting is the name engraved on the side of the Defence Medal.It was awarded or belonged to one Badeer Mubdir.Whether the group was awarded or belonged to a single person is unknown and cannot be confirmed at present.

Very interesting. Possibly a group, possibly not, one may never know. The ribbons do look fresh, but -- to me -- my "gut" says "good".

Thge fact that everything is mounted up correctly (correct obverses, correct order) is a very good indicator.

Also good to note that the Khedive's Sudan medal (2nd issue ) is of the 2nd type - i.e. with the name Fouad Al Awal (Fouad The First) who succeed Hussain Kamel in 1917(?) as Sultan and later (1923?) became King Fouad.

Owain