News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is it possible to have two Long Service Awards from different kingdoms on the same bar?

i came across this this bar for sale on another site,and was intriqued as i have never seen two Long Service awards from differnt kingdoms on the same bar before. is this possible/ acceptable? thanx very much in advance

weirdbar.jpg

weirdbar1.jpg

Edited by Scott Powell

Hello Scott:

Yes, such a thing is possible in particular circumstances. Regarding this particular bar, I am at a lost to explain it. I am certain that there are others here who can however.

Specifically, I have seen groups to Gendarmerie members that had Prussian long-service awards and long-service awards for their particular state perculiar to police service.

I believe that there are also other possiblities such as Seebatailon troops, etc.

Best regards,

"SPM"

I am pulling from memory here, but I recall seeing a photo of a railroad official with a medal bar like this-two different state Ls medals and a Centennial and maybe a KHK. In those days they seem to have worn all their medals together in uniform, so somebody who served in the Wurt. army from say 1895-1904 and then went back in @ 1914 (into a Prussian or imperial unit) and was out in 1920 may have had this bar.

I am pulling from memory here, but I recall seeing a photo of a railroad official with a medal bar like this-two different state Ls medals and a Centennial and maybe a KHK. In those days they seem to have worn all their medals together in uniform, so somebody who served in the Wurt. army from say 1895-1904 and then went back in @ 1914 (into a Prussian or imperial unit) and was out in 1920 may have had this bar.

thanx very much. i hadnt considered that