News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some month ago I?ve got this wonderful bar. To my great pleasure Daniel suggest as its owner:

Dr. Hermann Kanter

Oberarzt IR 153 (8. Th?ringisches)

Thanks to Ricks/Daniels lists:

SEHO3bX 24.12.1914

Sh HSAE "14" 31.8.1916

Besides Kanter, there are two other persons with this combination: Lt. d. R. Book and Lt. d. R. Syre. Because of the Red Cross Medal 3rd class Kanter is the most likely, but this is a supposition.

Unfortunately in the 1914 Rangliste there are no decorations mentioned for Kanter (or Syre; Book is not in this list).

Any idea for a source to find out, if he (or Book or Syre) got a SEHO3b? May be a regimental history of the IR 153?

Best regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Ha! That is a STRANGE one! I agree it must be Kanter.

Nobody with the EH3b in May 1914... so it dates from the spring of 1914 on. There ARE "peacetime" awards during the war to military officers.

I will have to hunt through all FIVE Rolls to see if I can find an explanation. That will take a while.

Watch this space. :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

OK, I've been through page by page of BOTH Master Rolls (1911+), and the Altenburg and Coburg rolls which mix mitX and "peacetime" awards-- not there.

This means he must have gotten the "duplicate" from MEININGEN, the only one of the 3 Duchies whose Ernestine Rolls are NOT complete. Obviously he got this weird 2nd EH3b before being promoted to Stabsarzt in ? 1917, ?1918 or ? after the war-- was it 4 years or 6 years normal between Oberarzt and Stabsarzt once the war started? Should, logically, have gotten an SMK.

Can't explain it, but must be him. :cheers:

Thank you both for these additional informations, especially Rick for searching the SEHO rolls :beer:

The SEHO3b has a golden center, while the SEHO3bX has a silver guilded one. That could be a hint, that the first one is a pre war or an early war decoration. On the other hand it can be a reawarded order in the late war years after returned to the order commission.

@webr55

I had this promotion date before, but I can?t remember the source. Where is that from?

Best regards, Komtur.

Guest Rick Research

The EH3b must have been a re-issued one, since the total rolls are complete into 1916 and only his EH3bX was shown.

@webr55

I had this promotion date before, but I can?t remember the source. Where is that from?

That is from a library catalog. Some of these catalogs even show exact promotion dates, not in this case, though.