News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

can someone please explain me this medal bar....

Hi all,

today I have got this photo for my "colonial photo collection"............................. BUT.......................... :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Can someone please explain me this medal bar???? And I am talking of position N?1,2 and 4 of course....... is this what I think it is???? and would this really be possible????

Thank you very much!!!

Heiko

First is Prussian Goldene Milit?r Verdienst Kreuz

Second is Prussian War Merit Medal on War Ribbon

Third is Saxon Honor Cross with Swords

Fourth is Saxon Long Service Medal

Last is Africa Medal with many bars

He also wears (2) Prussian Landwehr long service schnalles

A wonderful pic! Congrat Heiko!

BUT the first one should be the MEZ I and not the prussian "goldene MVK"!

By the way, the person is a police sergeant of the LP (Landespolizei) in GSWA.

Best wishes

Leutwein

Guest Rick Research

#4 is the Saxon Friedrich August Medal on war ribbon, with the spectrum colors reversed.

That must be a SW Africa Saxon General Decoration Cross X too... never seen rolls for pre-World War awards but YIKES he MUST have been the ONLY person with all FOUR of those decorations!!! :cheers:

I always forget that the colors reverse on some ribbons. That would make sense to me being after the Saxon Ehren Kreuz. I thought long service, Saxony as the EK is typical to an enlisted/nco type. I concur with Rick that it is improbable that there's more than one fellow with that combination of awards. If you can find a Saxon in the almanac with that award for Afrika.....