News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the National Merit-three different cases

Gents,

I received three empty cases in the mail today for the Order of National Merit. I bought them because they were all different. Since I am new to collecting Jugoslav wards I'd appreciate as much info about these cases as the forum members can provide. Some of the questions I have are;

1-were these cases used at different times, and if so, in what order were they introduced?

2-the wording on the cases is identical. Are they are for the same class and if so which one? I asked this question because the first case pictured below has gold trim around the top which the other two do not have.

3-anything else I didn't think of yet!

Regards,

Gordon

Case #1 exterior.

Edited by Gordon Craig

All three casese are for same class, Order of merit to the people with silver star (III).

Wording is not indentical. Case 1 have word "zasluge", Case 2 and 3 have word "zasluga". Word "zasluga" is on cases from 1973. Before is word "zasluge" on cases. Case 1 is from period 15.3.1961-1973.

Regrads

Mr. No,

Another question re these cases. I would like to acquire awards that would be from the same time period as these cases. What should I look for to be sure I put the correct award in each case, apart from the pin placements that is. Especially case #1? Pictures would be appreciated if available.

Regards,

Gordon

Mr. No,

Thanks very much for the pictures. Especially of the rare IIIrd class award. I have a IIIrd class that will fit in case #1 now all I have to do is get awards for the other two cases!

I'd like to ask your help in another area now. Would you please post pictures of the covers on IInd and Ist class orders.

Regards,

Gordon

I was doing some more research on this particular order again today and I discovered, through some of the information in this thread, that I had also received an early (empty) case for the second class order in the same lot of cased awards and empty cases. It is different again from the other cases posted in this thread. It has a simluated leather exterior with a plush red velvet lining. With the gold trim around the outside it looks like another early case. Any one know the dates this case would have been used from/to?

Regards,

Gordon

Mr. No,

Thanks again for the response. I thought that it would be from the same era as case #1. Hard to research these things when the awards, cases and documents keep getting separated. I intend to keep trying though as matching cases to awards of specific time frame is a major interest of mine in any countries ODMs that I collect.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

• 8 months later...
    • 2 months later...