90th Anniversary of the Red Army medal

Here is a really nice medal. the 1918-2008 90th (official) anniversary of the armed forces of Belarus medal.

Of note is the Civil war soldier with budionovka on the obverse, and the nicelay enameled hammer and plough badge on the reverse.

You have had to have been in continuous service in the army between 1918 and 2008 ;)

According to the statutes of the 80th anniversary award:

* Generals and the officers of the armed forces of republic Belarus', internal troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of republic Belarus', railroad troops of republic Belarus', troop unit of 04152 and other military formations, created in accordance with the legislation of republic Belarus';

* Heroes of the Soviet Union;

* complete kavaliers of the order of glory;

* Honorable soldiers of the armed forces of republic Belarus;

* military leaders, including those living in the CIS, who made a large contribution to the maintenance of the high alert of troops of the red banner Belorussian military district, which actively participate in the activity of veteranskikh organizations, the patriotic training of young people and soldiers;

* Civilians who, made a large contribution to strengthening of defense capability republics Belarus', patriotic training young people and soldiers.

* Honorable soldiers of the armed forces of republic Belarus;

* Civilians who, made a large contribution to strengthening of defense capability republics Belarus', patriotic training young people and soldiers.

It seems like these two criteria are rather subjective. So it sounds like a mass awarding of this medal will occur.

So like the old Soviet ones, short service enlisted men get nothing, but in this case, politicians can hand them out to each other?

I agree-- the subjective "wiggle room" is uncomfortably vague for the sort of people (common to all countries) who get to decide if their OWN "contributions" are "valuable."

It would be nice, for a change, if rordinary soldiers on duty on the anniversary actually got one-- they might never get anything else.

So like the old Soviet ones, short service enlisted men get nothing, but in this case, politicians can hand them out to each other?

I agree-- the subjective "wiggle room" is uncomfortably vague for the sort of people (common to all countries) who get to decide if their OWN "contributions" are "valuable."

It would be nice, for a change, if rordinary soldiers on duty on the anniversary actually got one-- they might never get anything else.

I am surprised to hear the the Enlisted personnel/Conscripts did not get Jubilee medals. I thought that everyone got them, as millions were awarded!