News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal for Military Merits -

Gentlemen,

according to our current knowledge we have two types of Medal for Military Merits. The one with thick rifles (made probably by IKOM) and other type with thin rifles (made probably by ZIN/ZNB).

Small star is located on upper part of this medal. There is hammer and sickle in this star, nothing special.

But if you look at star on medal with thin rifles you will find that hammer and sickle are like in mirror image. :speechless1:

This is unusual if you consider that the image of hammer and sickle was part of soviet identity.

This failure, if seen could have serious consequences for designer. :rolleyes:

Take a look and write you feedback

Guest Rick Research

That MAY not be an "error," but rather a CORRECT heraldric depiction of the "senior" way a device is "always" shown in the same direction to a flagpole.On a Soviet flag, the sickle handle and head of the hammer face the pole end on a real flag-- so actually it is the medal which has them the SAME on both sides which is "wrong!" :cheers:

Thank you for your comments Gentlemen. Thanks for explanation concerning placing of hammer and sickle; it was not clear to me.

I think that in communism, especially if you worked with political symbols each design was controlled more than one time and controlled by more as one person. Such ?error? was not possible.

Such ?error? could happen but only if some people wanted to make an ?error?. It could be political provocation which could be interpreted as ?yes we have communism but we don?t take it seriously?.

This type of medal, in my opinion, was produced by IKOM, because they mounted this medal in the way that inscription with Latina text was placed as avers. ZIN/ZNB put Cyrillic text on avers. This is only working hypothesis but it seems to make sense.

Serbia was more tided to SU as Croatia and that this ?error? is found in medal made by IKOM is in my opinion more as just coincidence.

Or was it really coincidence?