News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hey gang! I'm quite happy to have acquired a two piece parade buckle that is made of pewter. I'm not sure how many were made this way - but can't be that many! This one is pretty cool...where the paint is worn, the pewter has turned black - certainly gives the buckle a different look.

A welcome addition to my collection!! Here are some pics! Still trying to get more info on these buckles (was there more than one manufacturer of these?). Ben.....can you shed any light on this buckle? If anyone has an example to share...I'd love to see it!

Cheers!

Rob

Here's a comparison shot....pewter (bottom) and a "regular" steel parade buckle....pewter is heavier and it actually "feels" different (texture).

Cheers!

Rob

Hello!

Congratulation,Amazing quality.

all the best :beer:

Nesredep

Thanks Paul! That's the great thing about forums like this one....there's always something to learn! ;)

Glad you like it. It's pretty sweet...from what I gather, the pewter parade buckles were mostly used for the LW and the Heer

Cheers

Rob

Hi Guys...Yes, it does give off that look doesn't it. I don't think it is though - feels different in hand and I compared it with my HJ Potmetal example. I got this buckle from John Angolia... he mentioned these were mostly issued to the LW and the Heer and some other collectors have mentioned that they have seen more of these. Just doesn't feel like the potmetal...I think I could probably bend this buckle with a bit of elbow grease...doesn't look as solid as the kriegsmetal type.

Cheers!

Rob

Could it be Zinc Rob? I think the Germans called it Feinzink, I have never heard of a pewter buckle before, I am not saying that it is not possible but even early war or pre war would they have used a metal like pewter for belt buckles? To me the maths just dont add up. Would be pretty cool if it was though, and a first :D

Hey guys.....zinc could be a possibility - I say that because I have no clue what that kind of buckle should look/feel like. I was simply going on John's word as I have never had a buckle like this one. What would zinc be like? Heavy? Easy to bend? Not easy?

It's still a type of buckle that I didn't have so I won't be heart-broken if it isn't pewter - but I would like to nail it down.

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob, I really hope it is pewter, would be nice to see something a little different but to be honest mate I think it will be Zinc, but I hope you prove me wrong mate, gives me another excuse to find another buckle :beer: