News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Suggestions for a Good Book on Belgian Orders & Medals?

Hello Jason

The best (to my knowledge) book on the subjedt is written in French : BORNE, Charles Andr?. Distinctions honorifiques de la Belgique. Bruxelles 1985

It is one of the best books on Orders and Decorations ever published. Beautifully and profusely illustrated it is as near to exhaustive as can be. This book has certainly contributed greatly to my enjoyment in understanding and collecting Belgian material.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Veteran

Edited by Veteran

That's a start!

Thank you! :D

Jason

Consult with hendrik at hendrik?s corner, medalnet. he knows everithing you wants to know on belgian medals!!!!

regards

Miguel

Next to the above mentioned book (Born?) indeed the internet is the most valuable tool. Hendrik's site being one of the best on the subject. There are one or two more. They have the great advantage of giving you big, colour pictures of the medals. Most books, including Born?, are B/W

cheers

I would indeed suggest the options above, good book indeed and Hendrik's site (www.medals.be) is also very handy.

Furthermore, the book published by the Belgian army museum is also quite nice:

175 jaar Leopold Orden en de Belgische nationale orden, ISBN 2-87051-040-3, 25 euro

http://www.klm-mra.be/klm-new/nederlands/b...d_nl/index.html

it doesn't describe all belgian orders and it is not in English, but it is quite a nice reference on some royal orders.

there is also a part about Belgian orders in the book: world orders of knighthood and merit, but it costs quite a lot(299 GBP) and is not specificly Belgian.

http://www.wokm.co.uk/

I still recommend those other options mostly, because the ones I gave are 1. not in English and just about certain orders 2.a lot of money and not just belgian orders 3. the other options are already great!

kind regards,

Roeland

Edited by Roeland