News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ok ,here are some more,this time the flying boys,top two are land pilot badges by Hugo Schaper,left is a solid silver example (rare) has seen a bit of life judging by the wear,next to itis an interesting four piece badge of the same. Badge has been altered to a screw fitting and re-gilded ,I guess after the screw post was soldered on. The screw disc is marked Hansen ,maybe they did the alteration? I think the cross shaped plate was added to give more ' grip ' to the fitting.The main back plate ,when studied closely, shows several ' spin ' marks from various fitting devices. Bottom is a Schaper sea pilot badge,unmarked but definately Schaper. Ferg1.

018.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

Ok ,here are some more,this time the flying boys,top two are land pilot badges by Hugo Schaper,left is a solid silver example (rare) has seen a bit of life judging by the wear,next to itis an interesting four piece badge of the same. Badge has been altered to a screw fitting and re-gilded ,I guess after the screw post was soldered on. The screw disc is marked Hansen ,maybe they did the alteration? I think the cross shaped plate was added to give more ' grip ' to the fitting.The main back plate ,when studied closely, shows several ' spin ' marks from various fitting devices. Bottom is a Schaper sea pilot badge,unmarked but definately Schaper. Ferg1.

Great, great.

Thank

Alex

Interesting with the Hansen screw that we normally see on EK1's.... I wonder when that was popped on. Naval aviation is so much more difficult then Army. I will confess to limited experience with Navy badges... but I am very much enjoying the ones you're showing!!! :jumping: