News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This bar was offered for sale. Not from the usual suspects. The precedence of the ribbons is wrong as the long service should precede the campaign medal up to 1934 per my evil twin.

Here's what I see:

a bar that was made in 1897-1900 (Centennial Medal in last place).

received Hessian War Aid Medal in 1914 and simply wrapped and folded over existing Centennial so as not to re-do entire bar.

Now, check the reverse. Someone has very carefully made and applied an additional metal piece with three (3) hooks over the original bar's two hooks so that it will now not only accomodate the last medal, but they will now be somewhat appropriately spaced out. Note that the applied piece was carefully drilled so it would slip over the top of the old pair of hooks!!!

Now, given the current state of the market and the flood of frankenstein garbage into the marketplace and the improper precedence I allowed myself to get talked out of placing a bid. Also, I did think the Paris spange was funny, but the photos were not the best as you can see.

So tell, me.... what do you see? A frugal and innovative enlisted man who could not (or chose not to) afford a new set of medals.... or a faker who has gone beyond any extreme of deception I have seen as of yet for a bar that just isn't worth the time and effort that had to be expended to create this as a fake?

The things we have to worry about......