News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

There was an expostion of the Hungarian Civil Defence Organization in front of the Parlaiment Buildings in Budapest on Sunday the 25th of May. I stumbled across it by mistake when I tried to take a #2 tram. The sign at the stop where I intended to catch the tram said it wasn't running past the Parliament Buildings from 8:00 to 20:00 and as it wasn't that far from where we were to where the tram was running my wife and I decided to walk. Walking through the exposition reminded me that I had some items from the P.V. that I had intended to post but had never quite gotten around to it so here goes.

First up is a commendation to a man who had served an unspecified term with the P.C. It start off at the top of the document with a quote from Articke 62 of the "Hungarian Peoples Republic Constituion" and says, "Every citizen has a sacred obligation to defend The Hungarian Peoples Republic". The commendation is made out to Comrad Farkas Arisztid and says he has completed/performed work for the P.V.

The crest on the viewers right is that of the P.V. The pictures around the outside show some of the duties the P.V. performed in peacetime. They would have a similar role in war time.

Regards,

Gordon

I also have a pin froma previous P.V. exposition that took place in 1976. There is nothing to tell you where the exposition took place but I woul suspect Budapest. The only other thing I know about this pin is that it comes in at least bronze and silver versions (I have seen them for sale on the internet) so was probably awarded for something to do with the exposition. The pin is 35mm in diametre. Perhaps someday I will be able to find out more about it.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig