News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gentleman,

i only found a few infos.

Most in german(Sorry).

http://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmarine/captured/gunboats/k3/

http://www.deutsche-kriegsschiffe.de/Schif...enboote/k-3.HTM

K 3

2,Febr.1942 in. Service

May 1945 back to Netherland , again in Service as "Van Speyk"on 18. Juni 1946.

Fotos in Heinz Ciupa "Die deutschen Kriegsschiffe" S78/79 and

Siegfried Breyer "Die deutsche Kriegsmarine"Band 2 S.69

1. K?stensicherungsverband

Aufgestellt am 1. April 1944 aus der Teilung des K?stensicherungsverbandes Norwegische Polark?ste in Kirkenes. Mit der R?umung der Stadt verlegte der Stab am 23. Oktober 1944 nach Henningsvaag und Anfang November 1944 nach L?dingen. Am 1. April 1945 wurde der Verband aufgel?st, die verbleibenden Boote und Flottillen kamen zum 2. K?stensicherungsverband.

Verbandschef:

Juni 1944 Kapit?n zur See Koslik

Oktober 1944 Korvettenkapit?n Philipp

Februar 1945 Korvettenkapit?n Kramer

unterstellte Flottillen / Boote:

61. Vorpostenflottille

67. Vorpostenflottille

5. Minensuch-Flottille

12. U-Jagd-Flottille

7. R?umboots-Flottille

21. R?umboots-Flottille

Kanonenboot K 1

Kanonenboot K 3

I believe the original German K3 was laid down pre-war so ribbons could well have been made for her. Construction was halted however, and she was never commisssioned. Subsequently, after the fall of Holland, a captured Dutch vessel was renamed as K3. So, the ribbon would refer to the original German K3 which never saw service as opposed to the Dutch K3 which served through the war (and survived).

I was just curious whether the tradition badge could be confirmed as being for K3.

I believe the original German K3 was laid down pre-war so ribbons could well have been made for her. Construction was halted however, and she was never commisssioned. Subsequently, after the fall of Holland, a captured Dutch vessel was renamed as K3. So, the ribbon would refer to the original German K3 which never saw service as opposed to the Dutch K3 which served through the war (and survived).

I was just curious whether the tradition badge could be confirmed as being for K3.

Then the tally would have been for the first K3. John