News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This ORS was included in the Trofimov group, but it turns out it doesn't belong (not surprisingly). I didn't actually ask for research on this one, so there must have been a miscommunication. I'm glad that happened anyway, otherwise I wouldn't have results!

Guest Rick Research

The contrast is too light and has washed out the entries from line 10 on so I can't read them.

Sergeant of the reserves (i.e. he'd been discharged), born 1908 in city of Dolgamova, .... Raion, Leningradskaya Oblast.

Not a member of the Party, basic education, Russian. In Red Army 1941 to October 1945.

Decorated as a gun ....., 16th Guards Machinegun-Artillery Brigade.

I tried increasing the contrast. This is about as good as it will get. I hope it helps. Unfortunately, the original scans weren't great.

I will probably send this off to Nota Bene to get the citation.

-Alex

Guest Rick Research

Ah-- better but still bad. He was only a Yefreiter (!). "Gun crew member,"

Valor Medal 2,129,550 per decree of 223rd MG-Art Rgt of (3.10.?) 44

Red Star per decree of the 16th MG-Art Brigade 9.(5.?) 45

Medals for Defense of Leningrad, Victory Over Germany, and Capture of.....

• 8 months later...

Citation just in! :jumping: A really good one too! It appears he was lucky enough to destroy 1 of only 91 Ferdinand tank-destroyers available to the Germans during the war.

?As a soldier during the GPW, Comrade Fedorov showed bravery in his military tasks. During the army?s advance on the ______-______ direction (?), Comrade Fedorov during 4 days was on the front lines defying danger and death. He helped push back enemy tank attacks with his platoon and took out 3 Tiger tanks and 1 Ferdinand. In September of 1944 he was appointed delegate of communications between his regiment and brigade command. He delivered important documents to the command post more than once under enemy fire, thus allowing his battalion to fulfill their military duties.?

As always, any help figuring things out is appreciated!

Thanks!

-Alex