News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Strange SS stamp in a Heer Soldbuch - legit?

Guest Rick Research

Yes. A late 1960s Hollywood Military Hobbies horror slapped on by a moron.

Guest Rick Research

Too bad, but a prime illustration of Ruined Is Forever.

There are quite a few interesting things about this that the moron who wrecked it obviously didn't appreciate--

Your Kanonier is wearing some sort of strange uniform-- NOT a M1936+ German tunic-- note the narrowness between top button and tunic front compared to the usual German tailoring (ignore upside down ribbon bar, pliz):

so I suspect it's either a recycled Reichsheer tunic or something foreign making do.

Also, although he is described as "strongly built" (his aesthetic Franciscan friar's face is deceptive, I guess) he was a VERY late comb-out indeed, to have only been called up at the end of 1944, age 38.

And what vital civilian occupation kept him out of the Wehrmacht for all those war years?

He was a milkman. :rolleyes:

BTW, anyone know what name Nelzen goes by now days? I suspect it's either too small to have made it into anything referenced on the internet, or it goes by a different name much the same way as Litzmannstadt / Lodz.

(Neat bonus there, incidentally. My father-in-law was a fourth generation "Volksdeutsche" from Lodz.)

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: "I shall wait for the command" written out 100 times like a naughty 9 year old????? :cheeky:

Still, I suppose that was better than being sent to a Strafbataillon! :cheers:

So MUCH GOOD STUFF... and Little Monkey Paws just couldn't NOT mess it up! :violent: