News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Guys

Has anybody see on like this before. To me it look like a converted Pickelhaube. The questions is if it original or someone having fun. I have a good feeling about it, but....

Is it pure fantasy or is it original?

Regards

Karsten

P.S. These are the only pictures I have and can get, sorry

I have a few "Imperial" leather fire helmets & a few 3R metal / vulcanfibre, although I don't have a specific interest in or knowledge of them. At least one of the helmets appears to be a Bavarian helmet with the leather based fur ridge removed & replaced with a metal one of similar shape to the one in your photos. The question is'nt whether the helmet itself is genuine, but rather those decals.......

One of mine, it shows stitch holes where it has presumably had a leather & fur comb fitted, later replaced by he metal comb.

The two holes, one above the other, either side of your helmet would be consistant with this lions head type of fitting:

Edited by leigh kitchen

You are right, it is the same type.

I think it?s impossible to say whether it?s TR or post war and I would not bet on any of the possibility, because there is no way of telling, except if someone has a picture. If it was to be a TR era, I could imagine it to be from the land districts or just a temporary helmet, till the new arrives. Don?t we all know this from out duty time in the armed forces.

As I said it can be no more that pure speculations what it is.

I was hoped for some photographic evidence :blush:

I?m Interested to hear, why you think it?s Post-War decals Joe ?

:cheers:

Karsten

Hello ,

I would like to see better close-up pictures or better yet see the decals in my hand to be 100% certain . With just these pictures to go on I feel the decals are post war to make this helmet more " collectable " , just add a swastika and the price goes way up ! I doubt that a helmet like this would have double fire police decals applied to it during the TR period . I think this helmet was very old at the time These fire police decals came into use and I cannot see this helmet having much use at this time as they had a better steel fire helmet . I cannot believe this would be a late war Volksstrum helmet also due to its age and the fact that helmet decals were no longer applied to helmets . There are many good repro decals on the market today and I saw one company that sells " pre aged " helmet decals ! You can apply these decals and at once they look 65 years old ! Just my opinion .

Best Regards,

Joe

Thanks for your opinion. Do you by any chance know when they inplimented steel helmet in the Fire Brigade? or maybe some-one else know?

If they had steel helmet in the fire-brigade long before the TR era, then this helmet is very doubtful

:cheers:

Karsten