News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

can anyone help?

I recently bought this medal, but I don't seem to find any information for this medal, whatfor? to whom? :(

I'd be very pleased to get some more explanation about this medal.

thanks already :cheers:

Laurence,

I am pretty sure that it is a Belgian medal, and I do follow your opinion about the way the wrapping of the ribbon, thatfor I am wondering what kind of award it is, this medal.

I thought it could be a medal worn by the royal court, because they sometimes used to wear the medals that way.

Anyway, my search continues...

thanks anyway :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hello,

As can be read on the reverse, the medal is called the National Work Expositions Medal for Technical Committee Members and is an unofficial Belgian award. For some reason it's always found on a triangular ribbon. Don't know anything more about it either.

Cheers,

Hendrik

... I don't think Belgium had any Queens.

Hi Laurence,

I think you may have overlooked this official Belgian Kingdom's medal : the Queen Elisabeth Medal from the WWI era ...

Cheers,

Hendrik

Thanks Hendrik,

I have allready found out that the medal exists in 3 classes (gold,silver,bronze), but I still do not know wherefor it was given and to who... :speechless:

search continues :cheeky:

A piccie of the rev would have been nice. By "Queens" I meant reigning Monarchs...

... went to the formost authority and could not find it there ...

Hello Laurence,

You're too kind and no doubt exagerating but thanks for the free publicity ! The official Q.E. medal is on the site in the WWI section, the non-official one is not : I tend to, bar a few exceptions, not go into those as there are simply too many of them around to deal with.

Reverse pictures of both types of the official Q.E. medals coming up :

Cheers,

Hendrik

hello everyone, thanks for co?peration on the search,

I now found out that, as 'special' for the 25th aniversary of the foundation of the National Labour Expositions, the "Royal Institute of Elites for Labour in Belgium -Albert I" was created. It got the extension "The Queen Elisabeth Foundation", because it was instituted under Her high protection. The former National Labour Expositions were incorporated in the new foundation.

As thank for the help in creating and 'bringing life' to that new foundation, all those who were helping got rewarded with the medal in subject.

Little correction what the degrees concern : they were brought out in bronze, silver and gilt silver.

Now, since I know this medal is not an official Belgian medal, I might get rid of it. Anyone interested in buying it? It comes with the box :unsure:

I think, unless someone wants to add something or make some corrective action(s), this topic can be closed?Moderator?

Hello Bemed,

Thanks for posting the additional information. No need to remove the thread : it should remain here for others to see and for future reference and or additions to the subject.

As you want to sell the medal : please put it in the "Sales Room" section of this forum and indicate your asking price ... and a few pictures of the medal and its box.

Cheers,

Hendrik