Yet another fake or genuine this time?

love4history

I'd like to get hold of one of these, but they're too expensive too mess around with without knowledge, that's why the question. This one is sold as an original, but is it?

fake1vf8.jpg

fake1pf3.jpg

fake2uj7.jpg

Thanks for your opinion!

Difficult to say the photo is far to shiny and every time I click on the thing to try and get a better image all I get is this damned imageshack website and cheesy adverts.

A better shot (less shiny and with better contast and definition) should help.

Paul

• 1 month later...

I'm certainly what you'd call new to the area but i also think its fake the loop has some feature which point to it being wrong, the numbering is not of the style i've ever seen, there appears to be some piting marks and it generally just looks like a cast piece.

Cheers

Chris

I'm certainly what you'd call new to the area but i also think its fake the loop has some feature which point to it being wrong, the numbering is not of the style i've ever seen, there appears to be some piting marks and it generally just looks like a cast piece.

Cheers

Chris

It's a standard and particulary unpleasant fake (a bit like Jordan's prominent parts). Just comparing it with the earlier one clearly shows the difference.

All the best,

Paul