News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I would be very grateful if anyone out there who has one of these badges could show some pictures of it. I know they are rare but someone must have one ! Thanks,Ferg1.

006-6.jpg

I would be very grateful if anyone out there who has one of these badges could show some pictures of it. I know they are rare but someone must have one ! Thanks,Ferg1.

Hi Ferg,

i saw this badge several time. But what is this?

Regards

Alex

Hi Alex , it has the title of Erinnerungszeichen fur offiziere und mannschaften die nicht unter die mobilmachung fallen, in other words ,as far as I understand, it was given to indviduals who had trained and attained pilot status prior to August 1914 but were required to return to their army unit/duties at the time of mobilization. Apparently very few were given out and the bestowel is somewhat obscure/vague. D. Chaliffs book (for what it is worth) mentions that the details regarding the badges issuing appeared in a 1914 edition of the ' Armeeverordnungsblatt ' . Of course, there are plenty of fakes and copies of this ultra rare badge knocking around ,I am not even that sure that the one I have is original but it does conform to a photo of one I have seen that I believe is 'right'. A certain seller on Ebay a while ago was putting these things out every few months,but it did nothing to stem the flow buyers!! The fake ones looked to be an electro-formed piece made up from a ' hybrid marriage' of observer badge with the centre taken out and a pebbled one with prop and wings in its place. very clever workmanship but not correct. The one I show ,although not that great quality is the style not seen often. If anyone has an example then I would be very interested to see (and buy if for sale!! )

Ferg1